Hey team Katipo,
Firstly, what a game on Saturday! Definitely one of those see-saw battles in what were trying conditions in the wet.
Congrats to Sam Jones for earning Player of the Day from the opposition for his relentless and aggressive play. Sam was also our tackler of the day.
Congrats also to Thomas Shortall, our Player of the Day, for his strong up the guts running.
The Katipo can be proud of their first game, the experience from our returning U12s mixed with our new players in Carlos, Auha and Jayden, and coupled with our existing U12s made for a great hit out.
There are few notices, so please bear with me!
* Team photo night is THIS FRIDAY, at the Poneke Clubrooms. This is COMPULSORY for all of our players. Please meet in the green room at 6.10pm THIS FRIDAY. Full uniform is required, NO visible undershirts or pants, and NO boots or shoes. If there is some reason your Katipo can’t make it, please let me know.
* For those who haven’t ordered their photos yet, orders and payment must be in BEFORE Friday night. Please let me know if you want a photo – it’s $12 for a standard, and $20 for a large. If you have ordered one please make sure you pay for it before the night. You can either give me (or Ian) cash, or deposit it into our bank account.
* After Friday’s photo night we’d like a quick parent meeting please. This is to discuss a potential Katipo trip to Queenstown for a rugby tournament over the first weekend of the SEPTEMBER holidays (leaving Fri, Sept 25, returning Tues, Sept 29). This would be instead of our cancelled Gold Coast trip, for those who were to go on this, but it will be open to all of this year’s Katipo. We are currently gathering costs and need to gauge interest and get a commitment from our Katipo whanau for this to go ahead.
* There will be NO GAMES in the middle weekend of the school holidays now. There WILL be games on the first and last weekends and we will have a practice the SECOND WEDNESDAY of the holidays. Some of you have already told me when you’re away, so if you are planning to go away please let me know dates.
* It has also been decided there will be TWO interclub games, not the usual four. They will be between Para-Plimm and MSP. Dates are yet to be confirmed but these games will be played on Sundays.
* Ari’s Mum Anna has asked if there is anyone who lives over the Aro Valley side of town, who is willing and able to share rides to and from games and/or training. Ari currently buses over, but his whanau is keen to share rides if anyone else is on that side of town. Please let me know and I can pass on your details to her.
* Lastly, for those who have old boots and uniforms they no longer need, Poneke has a boot bin you can give to and take from in the lock-up next to the green room. If you have anything to donate, or need boots, please ask and we’ll point you in the right direction at practice.
That’s it from me, I’ll email tomorrow when the draw is out. As usual, any queries please sing out, otherwise we’ll see our Katipo at practice on Wednesday, 4.30-6pm rain, hail or shine.