What a BIG weekend of rugby in some beautiful conditions – I’m tired from being on the sidelines, so I can imagine our Katipo’s bodies are really feeling it today!
FROM THE COACHES: Eastbourne was a good challenge for us and Katipo can be proud of the way they performed. We had a couple of close opportunities missed late in the game which could have swung it our way, but great to see Katipo working hard for each other, not dropping heads and battling all the way to the end. Top Stuff.
On to Sunday, Interclub v MSP, great to see PONEKE maintain the trophy.
Not easy to back up a day later, some tired players out there on Sunday but well done Katipo for grinding out the win over our neighbours.
One of the highlights was watching Casey power over for the last try of the game, smile from ear to ear and a team full of “pats on the back”. PRICELESS.
Congrats on Saturday to our Player of the Day, Fraser, for his leadership of the backs and guts to get back on after a smashing tackle, and also to Sammy as Player of the Day from the opposition.
Also yesterday congrats to Tackler of the Day (x3) Sammy, Walt and Jackson, well done boys.
This Wednesday training will be back at our USUAL venue at our club grounds, same time, 4-30-6pm.
Please also diary these dates before we go onto this week’s draw:
* August 8 – Katipo v Petone AT HOME, 10.30am kick-off. NOTE DRAW CHANGE
* August 15 – Katipo v Upper Hutt AWAY AT UPPER HUTT, 10.30am kick-off
* (Sunday) August 16 – interclub fixture with Para-Plimm, away at Para-Plimm (Mana)
* August 22 – club day at Poneke, ALL games at home
* August 29 – last game of the season AND prizegiving. We will have a team dinner that night for players and their whanau, so please keep the date free!