Hi team Katipo,
I hope you are all well rested after a weekend off rugby – I know for us it seemed like a very long weekend without sport!
I’m pleased to say that TRAINING IS BACK ON this Wednesday, at our usual time of 4.30-6pm at the usual place. Please let me know if your Katipo can’t make it.
As for this weekend… we are waiting on word from our Poneke junior committee and WRFU as to what will happen with games under level 2. Please read the info from the club below, and the attached flyer.
So, we’re still at Alert Level 2 and we’re still waiting to hear from the WRFU regarding junior rugby for this coming Friday/Saturday. In the meantime, we just wanted to keep you up to date with what’s happening within our Club.
Training can continue to happen this week, especially if the weather is good and you can train outdoors. We know that Thursday is a very busy day of training for our younger teams, so if the weather looks unpleasant, we may need to suspend the training as it is difficult to social distance in the green room. Coaches/Managers must follow the Pōneke Rugby hygiene policies (as follows) and contact trace all kids in attendance.
The following actions for Teams and Parents are part of the wider Pōneke Rugby Club COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan:
- If a child is sick, they must not come to practice or play in a rugby game. If parents are sick, they also should not attend practices or games where possible. Coaches should send children home if it appears that they are unwell.
- The Coach and/or Manager will ensure that player hands are sanitised before training and on gameday. Parents will be responsible for hand hygiene after any training sessions and games.
- Please stay away from the Hub unless training is in the Green Room.
- Only Coaches will get training gear out out of the lockup.
- Coaches will sanitise shared gear (hit shields, poles, tackle bags) when getting gear out and returning as well as washing team balls, cones, rips once a week in disinfectant following a game.
- Green Room trainings for teams restricted to Players, Coaches and Managers only. Parents only allowed inside when absolutely required to support younger players. Player pick up needs to happen outside of the facility and social distancing should be maintained.
- Please read the complete protocol document to ensure that you understand the requirements of parents/caregivers and spectators (attached)
Poneke Junior Club Prizegiving – Saturday 29 August (last day of Rugby)
Each team will be allocated a seating spot and there will be food available after the formalities have been completed. Prizegiving has been split into two separate sessions:
Session One – 12:30-2:00pm – U6, U7, U8, U8/9 Rippa Teams
Session Two – 2:30-4:00pm – U9, U10, U11, U12, U13 Teams
TEAM KATIPO DINNER SATURDAY, AUGUST 29: 6pm Gasworks, for the ENTIRE team and their whanau – we still plan to go ahead at this stage, so if you haven’t let me know if your Katipo and/or whanau are coming please do so ASAP.
In the meantime, stay safe and see you all Wednesday!